NASW Foundation National
Eileen Blackey Doctoral Fellowship
To be eligible, students must be an NASW member and be in a doctoral program in a social work education program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The
fellowship is awarded for one academic year, to begin in September
2013, and will be disbursed in two installments (September and January).
- NASW member in good standing. Awardee
must remain a member in good standing throughout the award period.
- Application form.
- Three-page proposal summary (double-spaced).
The summary must include objectives of the project, statement
of relevance and significance, project design and methodology,
the expected dissertation completion date, and itemized budget.
- Written statement from doctoral dissertation
chair verifying doctoral candidacy.
- Student profile or curriculum vitae.
- Signed release of information.
Only completed applications will be considered. Proposals
will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance and timeliness of project,
i.e., need in the field; Quality
of project design, and;
- Potential for completion.
Questions should be directed to: